When trying to reduce blood pressure you must commit yourself to the fact that this needs to be addressed from several angles…., Lifestyle
[this includes mental attitudes] Supplements
Here is an outline that I hope will be helpful to you.
* If you suffer from high blood pressure, check blood pressure 3-4 times daily. This means if you don’t own an automatic Blood Pressure Monitor
, you will have to purchase one. They can be obtained at most drug stores or department stores.
* Normal blood pressure is 140 over 80 or lower
. If it is high when you take your blood pressure, try to notice any physical symptoms you are feeling such as irritability, slight headache, tightening or a throbbing sensation in hands or face. This will help alert you in the future when it is high. Keep in mind these symptoms are subtle and you may have no symptoms at all. If you are on B. P. meds, continue taking them while following this plan. When your blood pressure is on the low end of normal you may be able to wean yourself off BP meds by taking them every other day while taking the herbs and supplements I recommend. Discuss this with your doctor. (I have to say that)
* Discontinue saunas until your blood pressure is under control, 140/80 or less.
* Start an exercise and/or yoga and meditation program
* If your BP is high try using a “square breathing technique
” to lower it. Instructions below.
* Walk-Each day try to walk for at least twenty minutes. Or better yet; do a walking meditation. All this entails is repeating a phrase in your mind over and over as you walk. I like to use a positive affirmation such as – “I am grateful for my blessings”. You can use the phases such as, “spring flowers” or “autumn leaves”.
* Each day, try doing something that brings you joy. I don’t care if it’s a favorite craft, clipping coupons, playing cards or doing a crossword puzzle. When you make time to do this, you reduce stress.
* Breathe deep long slow breathes. Several times a day do this and imagine all tension and negativity being released with every exhale.
* Be mindful of your mental chatter. Correct it when you find it is being too self critical or critical of others. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Here are some examples:
• I face problems with calm assurance.
• My body desires only healthy foods.
• I am calm and courageous.
• I am healthy in all aspects of my being.
• Every cell in my body vibrates with energy and health.
• I am well, I am whole, and I am strong.
Here is an affirmation specifically for high blood pressure - I joyously release the past. I am at peace.
Grape seed extract 150-300 mgs. Daily
Vitamin D – 5000 IU daily
Coenzyme Q10 -150 mgs. Daily
Calcium – 1 – 1.5 grams daily [1000-1500 mgs]
Potassium – 800-1500 mgs daily
Magnesium – 500 mg.
Omaga-3 – 1200 mg daily
from The Healing Path
Sugar; White flour; White rice; Trans-fats and lower your intake of carbohydrates.
Fresh garlic; turmeric; cayenne and fresh ginger root. (Garlic and ginger root blend very well in a stir fry dish). If you have trouble adding these because of distaste for them you can purchase them in capsule form. Eat more organic celery.
Add healthy fats
such as Salmon; Olive oil; Grapeseed oil and Flaxseed oil.
Beans; Lentils; Garbanzo beans; Kidney beans etc.
Add Green leafy vegetables:
spinach; collard greens; Swiss chard; kale etc.
Add Healthy roots:
Turnips; fresh garlic; parsnips; rutabaga; radishes
Add Fresh fruits:
apples; peaches; pears; papaya; mangos; strawberries; blueberries; oranges; grapefruit etc.