Fall is just around the corner and I have been asked to choose two tinctures to help you regain or remain healthy as the calendar hurdles toward cold weather when we will be spending more time indoors.
Two things come to mind when I think about spending the winter months inside:
1) We can look forward to more colds from breathing recycled dry air that dehydrates our nasal passages. We also come in contact with germs and bacteria, which grow freely in the warm climate.
2) We do not get the full spectrum light that we get from being in the sun and this causes many to come down with a depression called SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
To prevent the flu and colds that are all too abundant in the cold months I suggest Endocrine Strengthener
. It will support, and balance the immune system using herbs such as pau d’ arco, ginger, kelp and black haw to support the adrenal and lymphatic system. I take it year round and I’ve almost forgotten what a cold is. Also use a humidifier to prevent nasal passages from becoming dry and cracked.
For depression, I make a tincture called Blissful Spirit
. It utilizes St. Johnswort and Mimosa to relieve symptoms of depression, anxiety and panic disorder. You may want to consider replacing any fluorescent bulbs in your home to full spectrum bulbs.
Enjoy beautiful sights, scents and tastes of autumn!
Love and Light, Lori Jacobs
Click to enlarge image(s)
This tincture was specially formulated to balance the emotions. The herbs in Blissful Spirit (Mimosa, Melissa, Musa and St. Johnswort) have a long and ancient history of helping people through rough emotional times of great loss or stress. Mimosa Bark is traditionally known as "he huan pi" and popularly as the "collective happiness bark". Lemon Balm (Melissa) has a calming effect on the neurological system and Musa is used to increase serotonin levels.
* Have you recently experienced a major loss in your life?
* Do you find that it is hard to quiet your mind and relax?
* Are you looking for a safe herbal anxiety relief to treat moderate to severe PMS?
* Do you suffer from PTSD? (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
* Do you want a natural antidepressant to treat melancholy and depression?
* Have you been feeling irritable for no apparent reason?
* Do you suffer from (SAD) Seasonal Affective Disorder? (Lack of sunlight during winter months)
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you could benefit by adding Blissful Spirit to your daily regimen.
Alternative Benefits of Blissful Spirit
* Also has tumor inhibiting properties
* High in antioxidants, which prevent cell damage
* Improves memory.
* Suppresses urination in cases of bet-wetting.
* Opens the heart meridian and increases circulation.
Mimosa bark aside from being a natural antidepressant, has been used for centuries to elevate the mood, promote mental calmness, and support a peaceful night's sleep. It is an anti-carcinogen and inhibits tumor growth. It also is an antioxidant and excellent treatment for PTSD.
St Johnswort is a traditional remedy for depression, anxiety, and/or sleep disorders but it is also useful for bronchitis and lung disorders as well as uterine relief of painful menstruation and bed-wetting.
You can feel secure that you are avoiding the unwanted side effects of pharmaceutical antidepressants while taking Blissful Spirit for mild to moderate depression or anxiety. Wake up from a good night’s sleep and see the day with a sunny disposition.
Click to enlarge image(s)
For autoimmune disorders – alopecia totalis
Endocrine Strengthener fortifies the immune system by nourishing the endocrine glands. It has been very helpful for those with alopecia totalis and highly recommended for anyone fighting a Candida overgrowth. This formula can also be to ward off colds and flu when taken at the first signs. Endocrine Strengthener is highly recommended for anyone suffering from any form of autoimmune disorder such as Alopecia Totalis; Lupus; arthritis; chronic fatigue; Epstein Barr and Crohn’s. Alopecia Areata, alopecia totalis and alopecia universalis are autoimmune disorders in which the immune system attacks health hair follicles causing baldness that ranges from patchy bald spots to total loss of body hair.
Note: At the first sign of cold or flu take 5-10 eyedroppers full 2-3 times daily for 2-4 days. Judge the proper amount based on your size and condition of your immune system.
* Are you looking for a natural treatment for fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Syndrome or Epstein Barr?
* Do you catch colds easily? (more than two a year)
* Do you have an autoimmune disorder? (Lupus; Crohn’s Disease;
Alopecia Totalis etc.)
* Do you have hormonal or thyroid problems?
* Are you suffering from a chronic infection?
* Do you have frequent yeast infections or candida overgrowth?
* Do you get frequent cold sores or have genital herpes?
* Are your lymph glands sore and swollen at times?
If you answer “yes” to any of the preceding questions, then your immune system could probably benefit from some support.
Alternative uses for Endocrine Strengthener
* Artery health and support for arteriolosclerosis
* Blood cleanser
* Leg cramps
* Female complaints such as endometriosis and menopause (hot flashes, night sweats)
* Support and nourishment for the reproductive system (male and female)
For a fibromyalgia herbal treatment, use Endocrine Strengthener. It contains Pau d arco that balances the immune function. It is useful for herpes, warts, alopecia totalis and cancer. Black haw helps to maintain healthy hormone levels and is an antispasmodic. While chaste berries are also an antispasmodic, they help depression and headaches as well. Echinacea is well known for its immune support but it is also an excellent blood purifier and infection fighter. Ginger improves circulation, aids digestion and is very useful for childhood diseases such as whooping cough and chicken pox. Kelp is a good source of iodine which helps protect against radiation. It promote adrenal health and protects the thyroid, pituitary gland and arteries.
Endocrine Strengthener is an outstanding natural treatment for fibromyalgia, alopecia totalis or any form of alopecia, Epstein Barr and is most helpful in preventing colds.